The facilities department is made up of highly trained, well qualified staff who are responsible for Maintenance Services, Custodial Services, Planning & Construction and Utilities. The facilities team provides an excellent learning environment for students and staff of the Sooke School District by providing sustainable facilities and services that foster the personal best of our students.
Services utilizing the most cost effective methods, while allowing for innovation and use of “best practices” are provided. Technology has been integrated wherever possible to assist with tasks including the work order system, tracking and scheduling work and installing, maintaining and troubleshooting systems.
The facilities department currently takes care of:
- 29 Buildings
- 28 Portables
- 1000 Hectares of Grounds & Fields
- 98,956 Square Meters of Space (1,065,188 Sq. Ft.)
- Replacement Cost of over $150 million
- Permanent Capacity for 10,410 Students
Maintenance Services Include:
- Emergency Repairs – 24 hours per Day
- Day to Day Maintenance Repairs
- Preventive and Seasonal Maintenance
- Improvements and Small Projects (flooring replacement, roof replacement, painting, and duct cleaning)
- In-house Bookings and District Equipment Supply
Custodial Services Include:
- Providing Custodians who clean to all our facilities
- Cleaning to established standards, procedures, using approved supplies and materials
Capital Plan & Major Projects:
- Rebuilding of Happy Valley Elementary
- A new John Stubbs Middle School
- A proposed new Secondary School
- School Bus Replacement
- Seismic Mitigation
- Building Envelope Program
Please view the Organization Chart for Facilities Contact Information.
Connect to the WORK ORDERS MAINTENANCE CONNECTION.