Welcome to the EMCS Counselling Centre
Students are assigned to a Counsellor by last name...
students with last names A to L
(250) 642-5211 Ext. 1185
students with last names M to Z & International Students
(250) 642-5211 Ext. 1183
Services offered by School Counsellors include...
- Personal counselling for issues such as depression, stress, anxiety, relationship concerns, family conflict, substance abuse, self-esteem, etc.
- Academic advising and scheduling
- Career exploration
- Post secondary planning
- Transition and orientation information and support for incoming students
- Referral to outside agencies
- Information regarding special opportunities e.g. Encounters with Canada, Rotary-sponsored adventures, Shad Valley, student travel, ...
How to make an appointment...
To make an appointment with your School Counsellor, see the secretary in the front office.
If you have an emergency situation and your Counsellor is unavailable please let another staff member in the office or Counselling Centre know.
Students should inform their teacher if they are missing class to see their Counsellor, and are responsible for work assigned during classes missed for counselling.
Course Change Process at EMCS
All requests for timetable changes are made by submitting a Request for Timetable Change form to the office, complete with PARENT SIGNATURE.
These forms are available at the main office. The deadline for requesting timetable changes for semester 1 is September 7, 2012. The deadline for semester 2 is February 6, 2013.
STUDENTS ARE TO ATTEND THEIR CLASSES AS SCHEDULED UNTIL REQUESTS FOR CHANGES ARE REVIEWED BY COUNSELLORS.
More information on the course change request process at EMCS
EMCS Request for Timetable Change