French Immersion kindergarten is available at the following schools:
To register, children must turn five years of age by December 31 in the same calendar year that they begin school.
1. Read the Registration Guide to make sure you have the required documents ready to upload during registration. After online registration is complete, parents have 7 days to present original documents to their neighbourhood school. We will accept original documents only – no exceptions. Students will not be officially registered until all documentation has been received.
2. Online at registration.sd62.bc.ca.
Registration for the 2019 – 2020 school year:
JANUARY 28 – FEBRUARY 1, 2019
Beginning at 8:00 a.m.
Due to high demand for kindergarten French Immersion, if a school receives more registrations per category of enrolment priority than the number of available seats, a lottery will take place. The lottery will follow the Student Enrolment Priorities and students will be placed in the order in which they are drawn.
Example: a school has 40 available seats.
– 20 catchment area children with a sibling in the school apply,
– 10 catchment area children apply, and
– 15 non-catchment children apply.
The 20 catchment area children with siblings in the schools will be placed, followed by the 10 catchment area children. A lottery will take place for the 15 non-catchment children for the remaining 10 seats.
A wait list will be established according to the lottery. The lottery process will be based on a school-by-school basis.
Student Enrolment Priorities
These enrolment priorities apply to all new registrations and transfer requests.
Twins: In the event of a draw, one ballot will be entered into the draw for families with twins. If drawn, both twins will be offered placement in the program at the same school.
Visit the Kindergarten page for more information and to see our SD62 Registration Guide.
New immigrant families (permanent residents, refugees or those on work/study permit or diplomatic visas):
Please contact the SD62 International Office at 250-474-9818 or in person at 200-814 Goldstream Avenue before completing the online registration.