On October 20, 2018 elections for local school trustees will be held in conjunction with the 2018 municipal elections. The term runs for four years from 2018 – 2022.
About the Board of Education
The Board of Education is collectively responsible for making the major policy decisions governing all aspects of education within the School District as mandated in the School Act.
The Sooke Schools District Board of Education is composed of seven elected trustees from two zones:
- Belmont Zone (Colwood, Langford, Metchosin) – 4 Trustees
- Milne’s Landing Zone (Sooke, Port Renfrew) – 3 Trustees
- Nomination Period: September 4, 2018 – September 14, 2018
- Campaign Period: September 22, 2018 – October 20, 2018
- General Voting Day: October 20, 2018
- Financial Disclosure Statement Filing Deadline: January 18, 2019
Here are all the forms you will need to apply to run as a school trustee:
- SD62 Notice of Nomination
- 2018 Nomination Letter to All Candidates
- Candidate Information Release Form
- Form 3-3 Candidate Nomination Package
- Form 3-4 Elector Organization Endorsement Package
If you don’t have a printer, candidate packages can be picked up at the SD62 School Board Office. Questions? Please email Joanne Kimm.
- 2018 Elections Bylaw
- Board Policies & Procedures
- Strategic Plan
- Budget Information
- Capital Plan & Long Range Facilities Plan
- School Trustee Election Procedures in British Columbia
- BCSTA Trustee Elections 2018
- Elections BC
- Local Elections Campaign Financing
- City of Langford Election 2018
- City of Colwood Election 2018
- District of Metchosin Election 2018
- District of Sooke Election 2018
Four candidates were elected in the Belmont Zone and three were elected in the Milnes Landing Zone.