Register January 11-15, 2021
French Immersion kindergarten is available at the following schools:
To register, children must turn five years of age by December 31 in the same calendar year that they begin school.
How to register:
1. Read the Registration Guide to make sure you have the required documents ready to upload during registration. Please upload ALL required documents. Registration will be incomplete until all documents are uploaded. Due to the pandemic, we will not be accepting documents brought in-person.
Uploading Documents: Don't have a scanner? Please provide CLEAR photos of the documents. If the document cannot be read clearly, it will not be accepted.
2. Online at registration.sd62.bc.ca.
Lottery system for kindergarten registration
Due to high demand for kindergarten French Immersion, if a school receives more registrations per category of enrolment priority than the number of available seats, a lottery will take place. The lottery will follow the Student Enrolment Priorities and students will be placed in the order in which they are drawn.
Example: a school has 40 available seats.
– 20 catchment area children with a sibling in the school apply,
– 10 catchment area children apply, and
– 15 non-catchment children apply.
The 20 catchment area children with siblings in the schools will be placed, followed by the 10 catchment area children. A lottery will take place for the 15 non-catchment children for the remaining 10 seats.
A wait list will be established according to the lottery. The lottery process will be based on a school-by-school basis.
Student Enrolment Priorities
- re-enrolling students
- a catchment area child who has a sibling currently attending the school
- a catchment area child
- a non-catchment child who has a sibling currently attending the school
- a non-catchment child
- a non-school district child
These enrolment priorities apply to all new registrations and transfer requests.
*Please note that for École John Stubbs, the elementary and middle schools are separate. If you have a child in École John Stubbs Middle School or one who will be in the middle school the following September, and are registering another child in École John Stubbs Elementary School, Enrolment Priorities #2 or #4 will not apply.
Twins: In the event of a lottery, one ballot will be entered into the draw for families with twins. If drawn, both twins will be offered placement in the program at the same school.
Visit the Kindergarten page for more information and to see our SD62 Registration Guide.