The Facilities department is made up of highly trained, well qualified staff who are responsible for maintenance services, custodial services, planning & construction and utilities. The facilities team provides an excellent learning environment for students and staff of the Sooke School District by providing sustainable facilities and services that foster the personal best of our students.
Services utilizing the most cost-effective methods, while allowing for innovation and use of “best practices” are provided. Technology has been integrated wherever possible to assist with tasks including the work order system, tracking and scheduling work and installing, maintaining and troubleshooting systems.
Ventilation in our schools and buildings
All ventilation systems in our schools and buildings are maintained regularly in order optimize air flow and filtration.
Community Use of Building and Grounds
We have some resources that outline our policies, regulations, and applicable fees for community use of our schools, grounds, and equipment.
The facilities department currently takes care of:
- 31 Buildings
- 60 Portables
- 1000 Hectares of Grounds & Fields
- 100,000 Square Meters of Space (1,184,030 Sq. Ft.)
- Replacement Cost of over $200 million
- Permanent Capacity for 10,410 Students
- Emergency Repairs – 24 hours per Day
- Day to Day Maintenance Repairs
- Preventive and Seasonal Maintenance
- Improvements and Small Projects (flooring replacement, roof replacement, painting, and duct cleaning)
- In-house Bookings and District Equipment Supply
- Providing Custodians who clean all our facilities
- Cleaning to established standards, procedures, using LEED approved supplies and materials
Capital Plan & Major Projects:
- Royal Bay Secondary expansion to 1400 students
- New West Langford Middle School
- New West Langford Elementary School
- School bus replacement
- Dunsmuir mechanical and window replacement