The Sooke School District has asked that visitors schedule a time to visit our schools or sites. Please contact the school or site in advance to plan your visit.
Planning a visit?
Once you have scheduled a time with the school or site, you must do the following before entering the site:
- Adults should assess themselves daily to determine if they are experiencing symptoms of illness prior to entering the school. If they are experiencing symptoms of illness they can utilize the BC Self-Assessment Tool at BC COVID 19 (thrive.health) to determine next steps.
- Wash or sanitize hands as soon as you enter and when exiting.
- Maintain as much distance between persons as possible during visit.
- Limit items touched and only access area required for meeting/visit.
- Do not share food (e.g. fruit trays, deli trays, cupcakes, etc.).
- Do not share office equipment like pens, scissors, staplers, etc.
- Avoid touching face (specifically eyes, nose and mouth).
- Follow respiratory etiquette:
- Cover your mouth and nose during coughing or sneezing with a tissue or a flexed elbow and dispose of used tissues in a plastic-lined waste container. Wash hands.
- Do not enter a SD62 school or building if you are sick.