The SkilledTradesBC Youth Work in Trades Program (YWT) is an educational program jointly supported by the Ministry of Education and Child Care and SkilledTradesBC. The Youth Work in Trades program allows students to begin work-based apprenticeship training as part of their secondary school education program.
Students may register for this program anytime during the school year. If you are currently employed, you are encouraged to complete a registration form and return it to the Career Centre at your school.
- earn 16 elective credits towards graduation (equals 4 courses)
- acquire relevant skills employers want
- get a head-start on your career
- use 480 paid work hours towards your apprenticeship
- have a seamless transition from school to work
- may become eligible for a $1000 Youth Work in Trades Award
For more information, please contact the Career Centre at your SD62 secondary school or email the SD62 District Youth Work in Trades lead that aligns with your chosen trade.